Tuesday, March 3, 2009

23. They're up to date with the latest trends

When the song did end, everyone clapped and praised Payton. I kind of wished that he'd do another song, but I didn't say anything.



"Let's go to the beach!" Derek said. And to my dismay, everyone else agreed. I STILL don't have a bathing suit, but I dumbly followed the girls to the bedroom.


Cameron waived a bathing suit in the air, "Look at this cute bathing suit I bought before we left." It was pink and had tiny little XOXOs all over it.


"Very cute." Jade said while taking out a black tankini with white hearts on it.


"Yeah it's cute." I said sitting on the floor picking at my nails.


"Where's yours?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.


"Uh, I don't have one."


"WHAT? You're joking right?"


"No." I chewed my lower lip. "I don't really swim. I mean I know how to swim, but I don't know...I just don't swim."


"That's dumb. Here, you can wear my other one." Cameron said, flinging a blue and red striped bikini towards me.


"Ok? Um, thanks." I made my way towards the bathroom.


I hated changing in front of other people. Gym was murder in high school. I never did get used to the locker room. After I put on the bathing suit, I looked in the mirror and sighed. Thankfully the bikini fit, but I still didn't like the way it looked on me. I opened the door to go back for some clothes to throw over it, and Payton was waiting. He already had his suit on and I saw him eyeing mine. I knew he was probably wondering where I got it so I blurted out, "It's Cameron's" and ran back to the room.

2 comments:

cady said...

HAHA.
I don't own a swimsuit either.
AND I HATE THE BEACH.

ellie said...

that's so scary. especially, when some one sees you that you didn't want to see you in a bikini. I gotta have cut-offs.

Maybe she'll be brave. hehehe...

we are our worst critics for the most part. & then there are those that you wished they were.