Wednesday, March 11, 2009

27. Did I mention we are here to stay?

Around noon the next day, Mr. Mystery walked into Barnes and Nobles.


"Who is that?" I asked my coworker Kate while nodding to the blond guy.



"Oh, that's my brother," she said, filling a cup with coffee. "He's a freak."



"Ah." I said, quickly turning around. He was coming right towards us.



"Hey little sis." He said.



"I'm not your little sis. I'm your big sis. And don't you forget it." She said, flinging excess water from her hands on him.



"Yeah, but you're shorter than me, and I'm stronger, ergo I call you little sis," He flicked the water off his arm.



"I hate you."



"Love you too sis." He turned to me. "Hey mystery girl."



"Um, hi." I tried to act busy.



"I'm Blake," He extended his hand.



"I'm Jamie" I showed both my hands were holding cups.



He dropped his hand and laughed.


"So do you guys know each other?" Kate asked.

"No, we just kind of bumped into each other in a store yesterday." Blake answered. "Ever figure out that necklace?"




"No haha, I gave up."



"Haha. So, are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around before." He asked.



"I just moved here."



"Why? That is, if you don't mind my asking."



"I came here with friends. We wanted to have an adventure or something."



"Nice. So, do you hang around the beach much?"



"Um, not too much."



"Well, we'll make a beach bum out of you soon enough. Gotta go. Later!"



"See ya." Kate and I said.



Kate licked her finger and touched my shoulder. "Tss"



"Oh shut up Kate."

9 comments:

Unknown said...

how convenient :P
coworker's brother...

haha luuuuuv it as usual!

and it took me all of 16 seconds to read it

xD

cady said...

I told you not to name him Blake. XD

ellie said...

cool. I like that.

ellie said...

what's odd..village inn used to be our favorite hangout. Then it was IHOP because it was all new there. Recently, though, village inn is still our late night haunt. Maybe IHOP is just too busy.

We seldom ever get pancakes. Coffee & lots of it. Usually.

Cait said...

I didn't even know she got a job.

RAWRitsme. said...

thanks! =]

Unknown said...

sizzle...maybe.

Unknown said...

TSS.

haha. i love that sound.

Lonely Heart said...

I'm kinda content to stay put until after college. The college I want to go to only takes a year.

I haven't even started preparing for the SAT =/. Mostly it's because I don't have the time. I'm probably going to take the ACT sometime during the Fall: I've heard it's easier. But chances are I wont need either scores to get into the college I want to go to.