Tuesday, March 3, 2009

24. We are still just kids

I really don't know why I hate beaches so much. I mean, yeah the sun's nice, but you can get sun anywhere right?


"I wonder who invented beaches?" Cameron saids



Wow. That was impressively stupid.



"Nobody invented beaches, dummy." Derek threw some sand on her legs



"Hey, cut it out!" She threw a nice sized handful right back.



In order to escape what was inevitably going to turn into a sand fight, I escaped to the water's edge. I decided to walk along the shore and let the waves tickle my legs. The sand was so pretty. It had tiny gold specks in it. The beaches on the east coast didn't have sand like this. I reached down to pick up a shell in the sand. When I came up, I forceful wave hit me and I struggled for balance. Suddenly I felt an arm steady me. I looked up. Payton.



"Thanks." I muttered.



"No prob."



"How's the sand fight?" I reached down for another shell.



"They took it to the water. People around us were getting irritated." He turned around to see if Derek and Cameron were still flinging sand.



"Sand hurts." Jade said, coming up to us.




"No. Really?" I said, laughing at her.




"Just be thankful you weren't in the direct line of fire."



"Why don't you guys actually go in the water?" Payton asked



"I want to, but I don't like going by myself." Jade replied



"Jamie, why don't you go in?" He turned to me.



"She doesn't like to swim." Jade laughed.



"She doesn't, eh?"



"Nope." I said and reached for another shell. All of a sudden I was laying in the water. "Wha?"



Jade and Payton were laughing at me.



"He did it." She said, pointing at him.



"Did he now?" I got up and with Jade's help threw him in the water.



"Oh you guys are gonna so gonna get it." He yelled.



Derek and Cameron joined us, and it turned into a mess of arms and legs. Who knew beaches were so fun?

5 comments:

ellie said...

Nothing like reading something like this on a very cold day with all this snow around. Thanks. Looks like some coupling in the works. Maybe.

Thanks for the note too. Yeah, I see Roger and Cory having lots of fun.

cady said...

I still hate the beach. I don't care how fun you make it sound. XD

RAWRitsme. said...

Hai! I love your blog!

Lonely Heart said...

Ah beaches. I love walking on the beach. Swimming is a different story. I hate water...well more like I'm afraid of it. Although, I really hate how the sand gets everywhere.

But it sounds like you all had a blast with the water fight.

Unknown said...

COPY CAT
:P
beaches are fun
hmm paytong eh? ^^