Monday, March 23, 2009

29. You don't know just how it feels.

I sat down on the curb outside the store and put my face in my hands. I heard the door open and footsteps coming towards me. Payton sat down next to me.



"I'm sorry." He said as he looked at me.



I didn't answer.



"I never really thought about your side of things."



I still didn't answer. My hands were still covering my face, and I didn't dare take them off, because he would've seen the tears.



He put his arm around my shoulder, and I just leaned my head on him.



"You should probably go back insisde."



"My shift is over." I turned away from him, and wiped my face.



"What are you going to do now?"



"Take a walk." I got up and walked towards the beach. I didn't care if I walked for hours, I just didn't care.

9 comments:

cady said...

Keep walking! But you won't knock down our wall! Keep walking! But she isn't gonna fall! It's plain to see that your brains are very small to think walking will be knocking down our wall!

Unknown said...

you silly little pickle! you silly little peas! you think that walking RRound will bring this city to its kneez?
the awezome powerz of thiz wall weve CLEARLY demonstrated, AH!
but out here in de hot hot sun....perhaps youre dehydrated?!
hmm...maybe thats jamie's problem....california sun?

ellie said...

Glad you updated. So that's how its going down.

Keep going.

Cait said...

Playing hard to get just makes them want you more. Perhaps she'll whip Payton in to shape yet.

All the best on your writing & creativity.

Unknown said...

lol. isn't that song from veggie tales?

the payton in my head is hot.

Lonely Heart said...

Tagged me?
Wow I sounds kinda stupid = p

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I've read the whole story from the beginning, and it's AWESOME. Keeps me wondering what will happen and who will do what. GREAT JOB!!

MyPocketsAreEmpty(as in no moneylawl) said...

*sigh* I took my walk a long time ago...
~Xx~

ellie said...

Hey..good to hear from you. Hope everything is going great for you these days.