Tuesday, October 21, 2008

4. They call me "quiet" girl

We got back to the car and Derek and Payton were leaning against the trunk of the car, talking. I wondered what they were talking about. It didn't look like they had much in common, and so I wondered how they found a mutual interest to talk about. Of course, Derek was doing most of the talking, so was maybe it was just a subject he liked. I looked in the window and Cameron was sprawled on the backseat, still asleep. I had to laugh at that. The only time she wasn't talking was when she was sleeping.


“Hey what time is it,” Jade asked, “and when are we gonna head out?”


“Um, we'll give you guys half an hour to get ready, then we'll go through the drive through of a McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts.” Payton replied.


“Sounds good!” Derek said.


I noticed they had already changed and were read to go. I didn't realize I was gone so long. They probably got up right after I did. Eh whatever. I grabbed a pair of clothes, shoved them in my bag so no one in the diner would realize I was changing in the bathroom. As usual I threw on some faded jeans, and an old t-shirt. I didn't have anything else.


Note to self: buy some better clothes. I said inwardly, No more crap.


I decided to wear a little bit of mascara. Not that you could tell I was wearing it after I put it on anyways. Oh well.


Just when I was leaving, Cameron and Jade entered, talking and laughing. They had their bags in their hands and I guessed they were changing as well. Great. What was I supposed to do at the car alone with the guys? I was as awkward around guys as a fish was in a bowl of milk. Wait, a fish would probably die if it was placed in milk...whatever I wasn't good at making analogies.


I started walking to the car and by the time I got there I had decided to pretend to organize my bag so I'd look busy. The guys were looking at the motor of the car or something. In the process of cleaning my purse I found some candy and jewelry at the bottom of my purse that I thought I'd lost. I also found a bunch of trash that needed to be thrown away...


“Alright we're ready!” Cameron said, practically skipping to the car.


“Finally!” Derek said, shutting the hood of the car and barely missing Payton's fingers in the process. “Let's go!”


So we all piled into the car and into our designated seats. Dunkin Donuts was the winner and we headed towards it. I ordered a small thing of hash-brown treats and a small coffee. I didn't want to spend much, and I figured this would fill me up till lunch time. There was always the candy I found in my purse to hold me over till the next meal. It wouldn't hurt for me to lose a few pounds anyways. Maybe my stomach would shrink and I wouldn't eat so much in the future. Eh, whatever.


So I settled down with my food, and prepared myself for another long day of driving. I didn't even know what state we were in.


I guess I'll figure it out when we are entering the next state, I surmised.

3 comments:

cady said...

"Gee, I'm pretty sure we're in America . . . they don't have Dunkin Donuts in Canada, right? Or Mexico? They probably don't have diners either. Whatever. I don't know much about other countries."

ivy said...

hash browns and dunkin donuts. dang. its been forever since i've gone to one. i love their coffee.

cool blog.

gossip guy

Cait said...

sounds like a roller coaster of a ride. keep going.