Monday, October 27, 2008

6. The Longer we run, the weaker we become

It had been three days since I had taken a shower and I was sick of feeling gross. I had a feeling I was starting to smell too. Hopefully everyone else in the car was feeling the same way, so I wouldn't be singled out as the one causing the smell in the car. It was starting to smell like a boys locker room. It was sort of nauseating. I made another note to myself to buy 20 air fresheners for the car next time we stopped at a gas station. I wondered if any of my fellow passenger's were aware of the stench.


If all went well, we were expected to arrive in Cali by nightfall. I wondered what we'd do when we got there. I hoped we would find a hotel. Sleeping in a car for three nights was starting to take a toll on my body and I was starting to feel like an old person with arthritis. And I was starting to get claustrophobic. I never had a problem with that, but I guess three days in a car can do that to a person.


When you hear certain noises for a long time, you start to tune them out. All I could hear was silence, and the jostling of the car was rocking me to sleep.


“Look out!”


A black truck had run the red light and was heading straight towards us. He honked his horn with a get out of my way attitude. He obviously didn't care that he had broke the law and he wasn't going to be sorry that he hit us. He would just be mad we didn't get out of his way to let him get by.


Everyone in the car started screaming bloody murder and went into panic mode.


It's amazing how many thoughts you can think in a spit second of time.


Then, the truck hit us. My face hit the window and it smashed, cutting my face into a million places and leaving it a bloody mess. Cameron was screaming her head off. We were the only ones conscious. It looked like Payton had hit his head on the steering wheel, and the window. He was hunched over the wheel unconscious. I looked over at Jade and almost threw up. I couldn't recognize her. Blood, flesh, and hair were all I saw. I couldn't tell which part of her was which. I quickly looked over at Derek. He wasn't quite as bad, but he was still a mess. I wondered if they were alive.


Then everything went black.

2 comments:

cady said...

Oh. My. God.

You would do something like this. XD

ivy said...

Woooo...this is so intense. I liked how you put us there. I can remember a car crash by the school I was sort of in..well, the girls behind me..and how they screamed.

So scary..great Halloween feel too.