Monday, October 27, 2008

7. The girls and boys making too much noise

I jumped awake and realized I was still in the car. I looked around. Payton was driving normally, Jade was sleeping, and Derek and Cameron were still talking. I took a deep breath then let it out again. I always had bizarre dreams when everything in my life was crazy or when I was stressed. This was one of those times. Never before had I had such a realistic dream though. I hoped this wasn't one of those dreams that would actually happen in real life. I had heard that the stuff in some people's dreams actually happened after they dreamed them. Scary.


The rest of the day was pretty boring. I'd never been so bored and I was seriously ready to kill someone.


At about 7:30, we crossed into California. We all stopped to take pictures and eat dinner. California seemed pretty nice so far. I could feel excitement racing through my veins. We were finally there! The full effect of my leaving and having my own adventure was starting to kick in, and I couldn't stop smiling. Independence felt so good, I wanted to scream. I don't think anyone would have minded if I did scream, Cameron had screamed several times and no one took any notice. Of course, Cameron was Cameron. We all knew her by now to do those kinds of things. Now me on the other hand, that's a different story. I'm sure they thought I was an emotion-less blob. They probably would've went into shock if I screamed. Haha. That made me laugh and want to scream even more. However, I restrained myself.


“So what part of California are we planning on staying in?” I asked


“Hm. Not sure. Hopefully closes to the water.” Payton said.


I was shocked. How could you not know where you were going to live! Why had they not planned out this stuff? I was slightly annoyed, but I didn't let it show.


“How about Newport Beach?” Derek suggested?


“Sounds good to me.” Payton said and everyone agreed.


I was in flabbergasted. They were going to decide their future just like that? It was madness! I didn't want to be the party pooper, so I agreed with them, even though it killed me.


So Newport Beach it was. That was to be our new life. I wondered what would happen if we couldn't find places to live or work. The scariest part was: what if they all went their own merry ways? Or they were all going together, but didn't want me around? Where would I go? Panic set in, but I tried to appear nonchalant...

1 comment:

cady said...

Oy. Wow.

Newport Beach? Isn't that kind of expensive? Sheesh.