Thursday, January 8, 2009

16. We are the youth of the nation

We sat down and looked out at the ocean for a while. Then I laid back and closed my eyes. I heard Payton get up and walk down to the water. I laid there for a while enjoying the sun's rays and feeling the ocean breeze on my face.


I felt someone looking at me, so I opened one eye and saw Payton staring at me. I hadn't even heard him walk back.


He quickly leaned back and said “I was just checking to see if you were sleeping or were just laying there.”




“Just laying here.”




“Well we gotta head back now.” He said looking at his watch. “Derek wants the car so he can look for a job further away.”




“Whatever.”




We got up dusted ourselves off and headed back to the car.


When we got back to the hotel, Derek was pacing out front.


“FINALLY! I've been waiting for like 5 minutes!” He grabbed the keys from Payton's hands and rushed off.




“You're welcome!” I shouted after him. I doubted that he heard me. Seriously, this kid was beyond annoying.


Cameron was the only one in the hotel room and she was busy straightening her hair, and since I didn't really want to get my ear talked off, I decided to go for a walk.

I walked down the road and sat on a bench. The same bench I'd sat after I got my job.

I wondered what my family was doing right now. I hoped they hadn't called the police or anything. I DID leave them a note saying I needed to establish some independence and that I needed to get away.

Maybe I should call, or write a letter.

I hadn't turned my phone on since I left. I really didn't want the possibility of being tracked. I probably had a million missed calls. I hadn't checked my e-mail either.

I got up and walked back to the hotel. I decided to send an e-mail to my mom.

Hm...What to write...

1 comment:

cady said...

I like.

Anything . . . brewing between Jamie & Payton? ;)

LOL.