Monday, January 5, 2009

14. Close your eyes and make believe this is where you want to be

On Friday, after work, Payton drove me to the new apartment and I finally got to see what it looked like. It had most of the appliance essentials, a refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer, with the exception of a dishwasher. There was a small closet in each room, and a large one in the living room. It was on the bottom floor, so we would have a back door and could come and go easier.

“So what do you think?” Payton asked as I walked out of the kitchen.


“It's ideal! I'm just kinda concerned about beds, furniture, and other important stuff.”


“Meh. We'll figure it all out”


Oh that's comforting


“So everyone's seen this place already?”


“Yeah. We came this morning.”


“Ah. So I'm guessing they liked it?” I started inspecting the bathroom and it's scary corners.


"Yeah, Derek thought it was too small for parties though."


"What the freak? We've barely got a place and he's already thinking about parties?" I finished inspecting the bathroom, ducked under his arm, and went into the living room.


"You could just say excuse me you know."


"I'll pass"


"Anyways, Derek likes to live it up, or else he gets bored."


"So I see. Well he needs to find a job first and help earn money before he throws any parties."


"Gosh you sound like a mother."


"I freaking feel like one." I gave one quick glance around the room, "So are we done here?"


"Yep, let's go." He started fishing in his pockets for his keys.

No comments: