Tuesday, January 6, 2009

15. He's not afraid to go down

We walked back to the car and started heading towards the hotel.

“Let's go to the beach.” Payton suggested, already turning in that direction.


“Sure, why not.” I was up for something fun. “Do we have to pay?”


“Not if we park somewhere else and walk in.”


“Oh.”


Payton pulled into a restaurant across the street from a deserted spot of beach and parked the car. He pulled his shirt off and threw it into the backseat.

“Alrighty let's go.” He said, getting out of the car.


“I don't have a bathing suit.”


“On you, or at all?”


“Um. At all?” I started chewing my lower lip.


“So when you were packing to come to California you didn't think to bring a bathing suit?” His mouth was curved into a mocking side grin, and his eyes were laughing at me.


“I don't like the way I look in a bathing suit.” I kicked a rock close to my foot.


“Well get over it. This is beach heaven. Everyone wears a bathing suit under their clothes.”


“You don't know that. You're just assuming all Californians love the beach and go there everyday. Some people hate the beach!” My voice was getting a little louder.


“Whatever. But you should invest in a bathing suit and learn to carry it with you always.” He said, turning to go towards the beach.


I had no reply, so I just sighed and followed him across the street.

2 comments:

ellie said...

You could go in your undies or nothing at all like on Skins...

like the descriptions...of how he smiled at her. Thanks for giving us some warmness with cold January around here where its horribly cold.

Keep going.

cady said...

Hahaha. Sort of like what people assume about Floridians. We all love the beach. That's a filthy lie. I don't own a swimsuit, either.