Wednesday, February 25, 2009

20. I've got troubled thoughts

I hadn't even realized until then that we were sitting on a bench. It just goes to show you how observant I am. Guess I was so absorbed in our conversation and my thoughts that....wait...what was I even thinking about? Oh yeah, Jade.


Here was a girl who's appearance was always meticulous, her clothes were always folded nicely, and her bags were always in order, but she didn't appear to mind that our situation really was hanging by a thread. That thread being me.


Her brother was the same way, except his crap wasn't in as perfect order as hers.


UGH! I hate being so analytical! Somebody slap me please.


I put aside my thoughts and returned to the present situation. Jade was studying her nails and filing them. I quickly stole a glance at my own nails. Eww. I shoved them in my pockets. Note to self: CLEAN THEM. PRONTO!


I looked around and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Wanna go back now?" I asked.


Jade also looked around. "Sure, why not."


I felt something hard poke the underside of my foot. "OWW! DANGIT!" I had brilliantly forgotten to put some form of shoes on before I left the apartment. Now I was rubbing the underside of my foot and mentally kicking myself.


"What did you do?" Jade said, laughing.


"Stepped on a stupid rock."


"Smart."


"Shut up."


"Want me to kiss it?"


"Wanna get punched in the face?"


"Not particularly."


I limped back to the apartment and swore to never again leave without shoes.

2 comments:

cady said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"and the self esteem to match"?

Unknown said...

what a catch, donnie...